Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Ok, so what now?

This is my very first post to my blog. I've always thought blogs were kind of silly, which should explain why I've decided to start my own, right? So why am I really doing this? Well, I don't know... Maybe it's so I can put all of my triathlon ramblings in one place so that anyone who actually wants to read this stuff (there must be one or two of you out there!) can. So now I'll start rambling...

Yesterday I turned 40. On Saturday, I'm doing my first sprint distance triathlon (the one we did in training didn't count). Should be a piece of cake after the "triple super sprint" that I did a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, right. It's never a piece of cake! Tonight I did my last run before Saturday's race and I had to cut it short because something hurt. My knee or my shin or some muscle in my lower leg -- I'm not sure what. So while the rest of the team did a 2.5 km cool down, I walked back in the other direction (it was a lot shorter). Tomorrow is a rest day and then on Friday it's up to the Sea of Galilee to get ready for the race. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly @Isle said...

Good for you Bari! I bet this will really help out other newbie triathletes.

I would like to blog too, but don't know where I would find the time. I am still not sure where you did! LOL

Good luck with your "birthday tri "on Saturday!

Kelly @Isle

19/5/05 22:20  
Blogger :) said...

Happy Birthday and good luck on your race Saturday!

20/5/05 00:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory