Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Out of here in the morning

At 10 a.m. tomorrow morning I'm out of here -- on the bus, bike on the bike cart, headed north. There's something nasty going on in my stomach today -- I hope it's gone by tomorrow.

I'm not really too nervous about Saturday, apart from one "small" detail. There are 257 people participating in the sprint.
That's 257 people in the water at the same time, as they don't start us in waves over here. Yikes. That's 514 arms and legs all going at once. Scary. I plan to stay way over to the left and in the back (which will probably make my 750 meter swim a lot longer than 750 meters).

So if I survive this stomach thing, the 4 a.m. wakeup call on Saturday and the swim, I guess I should be fine.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Toby said...

WELCOME to Blogland, Bari, and very best wishes for a wonderful triathlon this weekend! I'll look forward to your report!!!

19/5/05 22:30  
Blogger Born To Endure said...

Wow..now you're a BLOGGER..yipee!!

19/5/05 23:27  
Blogger John Left said...

Keep going, Bari, you're doing fine! Listen to your body, don't push yourself---you'll get where you need to be.

You have my total respect for your endeavor.

19/5/05 23:34  
Blogger :) said...

Just watch out for the boxers and fighters in the water and you will be okay. Left and back is good and where I want to be!

Have fun and report back!

20/5/05 00:05  
Blogger Vertical Man said...

Welcome! C'mon in, the water is fine!

20/5/05 01:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second Nancy on "Welcome to Blogland" !!!

You'll make a great blogger, and now even more folks can read about your efforts, not just Penguins.

Again, Welcome :)

20/5/05 02:28  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Yeah another Penguin Blogger! Welcome and have fun!

20/5/05 03:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory