Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Pictures from the Lehavim Triple

The pictures from Saturday's race are really good -- too bad I don't look so good in some of them! Here goes...

This is a picture from the end of the first run. This one looks ok above the hips. Unfortunately, my lower body is not quite as skinny as I'd like. To make matters worse, my legs, which aren't all that heavy in real life, always look awful in pictures. And that mess above my left knee is marker smudge -- I'm not sure where it rubbed off of, but this seems to be a chronic problem, no matter what kind of marker I use.


Here I am on my way out of the transition area with my bike, trying to keep it balanced on the grass. No complaints about this picture, other than the fact that I'm holding on to my bike with both hands (well, better that than dropping it!).


Here I am crossing the finish line at the end of round 1 (yes, I ran to the finish line in cycling shoes with a helmet on my head).


And a couple of seconds later... The cute guy behind me in the red shirt that looks like a dress is my son.


Here I am before the start of round 3, hands on hips, looking at who knows what. Note that the legs of my tri suit are not the same length. One apparently worked it's way up when my suit got stuck on my bike saddle in round 2. This made for interesting tan lines.


Still with my hands on my hips, now looking the other way...


Coming out of the water after the swim (and yes, I swam with my number on. It's allowed in this race, although not mandatory. Last year, I left my number on the side of the pool and forgot it there and I had to run back to get it. This year, I decided not to take any chances.


Pulling off my goggles so that I can actually see something on the way to the transition area.


It's finally over! I am very glad to be crossing the finish line for the third and final time.


A couple of pictures from the podium. This is after a shower and a short nap on the grass.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory