Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Still alive

It's been almost two years since I last posted here.  Blogger looks completely different!  Anyway, I thought maybe if I started blogging again, it would help keep me motivated, so here goes...


The last couple of years have been uneventful for me tri-wise, apart from the fact that I got a new bike, which I've barely ridden (it has about 2,500 km on it and I've had it since October 2010).  I've dealt with atypical pneumonia (winter 2011), nerve problems in my neck (for the last year at least) and a sprained ankle (late January).  Along with all of that has come the inevitable weight gain, though I've lost about 4 kg in the last couple of months.  I think I did a grand total of two races in 2011 and I've done none so far this year.  That pretty much sums in up.


But...  The second half of 2012 has started well.  I had a great training week and I'm hoping for more like it. My goal for the second half of the year is to try to stay focused and not get thrown off track by the unexpected (or the expected -- like work).  I may race, I may not.  What I want most is to just get back in shape and then see where that takes me.  Encouragement appreciated (if anyone is actually reading this!).


Oh, and here's a picture of the "new" bike (or maybe I should say the bike that was new in October 2010...):

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory