Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Friday morning

I have to leave in one hour and 40 minutes. All that's left to do is the following:

1) Pack
2) Make sure there's enough air in my bicycle tires.
3) Fold a week's worth of laundry and put it away.
4) Clean up the house.
5) Well, I'll spare you the details of number 5. Suffice it to say that it will take me several minutes.

Hey, at least I'm up and dressed and I've had breakfast...

On the schedule for today is a long drive up north (3 to 4 hours) on a bus with a lot of kids, checking out the bike and run routes and hopefully a quick swim in the Sea of Galilee. Then we'll check into the guest house and rest a bit. The pasta dinner is at 8, briefing at 8:30, lights out at 9:30 (I assume that "lights out" is for the kids, but I hope to get to sleep at around that time, too). Wakeup call tomorrow at 4 a.m. and out the door at 5. Fun. The weather is supposed to be hot today (Israeli hot -- that's unbearable for most of you, I think) and will hopefully cool down a bit tomorrow, as it's even hotter up there in the Jordan Valley than it is down here in the Negev. Ugh.

Ok, I'm off!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bari,

Its me, Terence !. I like reading about your adventures and I like your new blog. Will drop in often. Have made a link to your place from ..

www.jroller.com/page/penguin

All the best in your next race,
Terence from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

20/5/05 09:16  
Blogger Tracy said...

WOW! Just found you via Nancy's blog. I'm a teacher, mom of 2 triathlete, too. Good luck at your race :)

20/5/05 17:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory