Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Monday, October 03, 2005

September totals

swim: 20,150 meters
bike: 136.7 km
run: 42.4 km

This was my best swimming month since May. The coach has started giving us longer workouts and I think it's paying off.

It was a weak month for me on the bike. I missed three out of four long rides because we had two races and I was sick one weekend. However, I did get in a lot of transition practice, which is important.

And running... Well, what can I say? Another lousy month. And it's really showing in my race performance. Now that the weather has cooled off, I hope to get in more (and longer) runs. I think I need to be doing at bare minimum, 15 km a week (which is nothing). I came close in July (59.9), but the only month this year that I actually did more than 60 km was January. That's pretty sad. I plan to discuss this with my coach, because even though (when compared to other people) I'm better at running than I am on the bike, the run is the only part of the race when I really really suffer and want to quit. That's not good :-(

October's going to be a bit tricky because it's a month full of holidays. In fact, our training schedule is very messed up this month. However, there's a duathlon at the end of the month, so I'm going to have to get those running and bike kms in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory