Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

A quick update

It's 11 p.m. and my bed is calling me, but first I have to post a quick update. You see, silly me -- I gave the address of my blog to someone who actually knows me and just in case he decides to come back and visit again, I thought maybe I should post something new here. So here goes...

Half marathon training is going pretty well. I ran 30 km the first week and 32 out of a planned 35 last week, despite being sick and feeling lousy for most of the week. The friend I was trying to convince to run with me didn't need all that much convincing, I guess. And since he's the one with the address of my blog, maybe I should make it clear that the reason he's running with me isn't because I "convinced him" but rather because he's a nice guy and maybe because he wants to make sure that I run both out and back (otherwise, the rest of the team will have to wait for me on the bus for a very long time...).

In other training "news"... I did a very unpleasant mountain bike ride last week which made my hand ache for days and convinced me to stay off my mountain bike for a while. Yesterday, I went out road biking instead. It was a lot more fun despite a very nasty headwind for the entire 30 km home. I ate quite a bit of sand and I was literally covered with a layer of dirt when I got home, but I still enjoyed the ride.

Ok, that's it. End of the update. I'm exhausted and I'm going to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory