Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Great training day

I got in almost 40 km on my bike early this morning before I started my day and then 2000 meters in the pool this evening. What a great day!

The ride, which I did with one of my teammates, was a lot of fun (and the weather was beautiful!).

I was really tired before the swim, but I did it anyway, concentrating on staying relaxed, keeping my stroke long and pulling hard at the end of my stroke. My efforts paid off. Towards the end, I did 100 meters at 90% effort. I was really tired at this point, but I stayed focused and the first 25 meters were relatively fast with a very low stroke count for me at that speed. The next 25 meters were almost as good. The second 50 was slightly slower and my stroke count went up, but I was so psyched about the first half that I didn't care. I can't believe I can be that tired and feel that strong!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory