Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Pictures from training camp

Here we are at the lecture on Thursday night. As you can see, we were all captivated. I'm in the blue jacket, between the two men. I'm not sleeping, just resting my had on my hand. Gil, on the other hand (sitting to my right) is fast asleep, but somehow, he was still able to tell us what the lecture had been about!


Here I am on the way up to Ein Netafim on Friday morning. You can't tell from the picture, but at this point, I was already exhausted and had already stopped for one (long) break. Shaul, the guy who took the picture, was busy talking to me from his car about some translation work that I did for the team and I was actually answering him. Gotta love the crazy pink jersey (this is the one I got for my birthday). My daughter saw this picture and all she said was, "WHAT are you wearing?!"


This is at the swim workout on Friday afternoon. I look a bit confused. That's probably because I seemed to be moving against the stream for the entire workout. While everyone was swimming in one direction, I was always going in the other!


Saturday morning before the practice race. I'm heading out for a warm up. The picture is a bit blurry, but I'm smiling!


On the way to the swim start, still smiling.


Last minute instructions before the start. Everyone else is listening -- I'm not sure what I'm doing...


Still getting instructions and I'm still standing in my typical hands-on-hips pose. It's always nice to have someone take a picture of your butt!


Into the water for the start. It was cold!


On the bike. I'm still smiling and having a great time (as is Meir, who's busy drafting off of me -- he later passed me and then took off).


This is the run start -- I think. Am I running??? Kinda hard to tell...


Getting ready for our ride to the Taba border on Saturday morning. That's me in the sleeveless red jersey. This is a jersey that I'm going to wear more often -- I look skinny!


The team at the Taba border. We look pretty good for a group of people who got very little sleep and worked very hard!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

Purple! Pretty snazzy uniforms, Bari!

8/11/07 00:31  
Blogger bari said...

LOL! The purple tri suit is soon to be replaced by a new color -- we've already ordered the new suits and we're just waiting for them to arrive.

8/11/07 08:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory