Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Monday, October 22, 2007

The things I no longer suck at...

I just reread this list of things that I suck at from May 2006.  Well, it turns out that I no longer suck at all those things:

  • I no longer suck at running in the water, or at least I don't feel silly doing it (probably more of the latter, but that's ok, because I don't think anyone is really great at running in water).
  • I no longer suck at turn-arounds on the bike.  No, I'm not really speedy, but I never think I'm going to crash anymore and I guess I'm not all that slow, either.
  • Drinking on the bike?  A piece of cake.  I can't believe that less than a year and a half ago I "sucked" at this.  There are still times when I prefer to wait to drink, mainly because I like to have both hands on the bike when I know I'm going to need to shift or go around the corner, but grabbing the bottle is not a problem, nor is putting it back.
  • I don't suck at changing my shoes.  In fact, my transitions are pretty fast.  I'm not sure I ever really sucked at this -- maybe it was my imagination.
I'm still not great at the rest of the things on the list and I'm afraid I may need to add swimming to that list pretty soon (especially after last night's disastrous workout, which I would rather forget than write about), but who really cares?  I'm having fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara_J said...

This is a relief because I just finished my first tri season and was completely unable to drink from a bottle on my bike. I barely was able to take my hands off the bike to grab the camelbak tube to put in my mouth.

Any tips for a newbie on how you conquered this challenge?

24/10/07 14:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory