Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Good morning world!

I am not a morning person.  Never have been.  If it were up to me, all races would be in the evening.  We actually have a few of those here now and believe me, racing in the evening is a lot more fun than racing in the morning!  The last time I went for a pre-10 a.m. morning run was at my last race -- in Eilat in October.  The only reason I did it then was because the race organizers wouldn't agree to have the race in the evening.  I would have compromised on swim/bike in the morning, run in the evening, but nooo....  The last time I went out for a pre-10 a.m.training run was in December 2010 (I don't even remember this, but it's in my training log).  The last time I ran before 7 a.m. was in October 2010 after I'd finally managed to ride my bike all the way up to Ein Netafim.  I got there at 6:45 a.m. and ran 2 km.  Then there was the time in September 2010 that I got up to ride and discovered that my derailleur was broken.  I was already out of bed and ready to move, so I went for a run, instead.  In short, I do not like running in the morning.

Fast forward to July 2012.  Last night's brick was canceled, so I thought I'd go out for a run, instead.  I found myself working until late, though -- before I knew it, it was much too late to go out running.  I'm on a training streak and I'm trying hard to stay consistent, plus, I'd only run once this week, so I decided to haul myself out of bed at 6 a.m. and get out there.  And I did.  I was out the door at 6:34.  Incredible.  You can only imagine what my legs thought of being asked to run so early in the morning.  Let's just say that they were mainly screaming four-letter words.  After about a kilometer, though, they got with the program.  It was hot and gross outside, but it was morning and I went running.  It wasn't fast and it wasn't pretty, but I did it.

Can I go back to sleep now?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory