Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Monday, October 24, 2005

89 kilometers

On Saturday, I did my longest ride to date -- 89 km. The youth team was away at training camp (along with our coach), so that adults decided to do a fun ride. We rode almost 45 km to Yad Mordechai and a few people continued on to the beach at Zikim (I wasn't among them) and then back. At Yad Mordechai, we had a nice breakfast and then road home.

During our stop, we saw a huge group of riders come in for a stop. They were doing a special three-day ride from the north of Israel to the southern tip in Eilat. This was their second day. Each day was 200 km and there were over 200 riders, I think. It was very cool to see them and it made our ride seem short :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory