Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Where does he come up with this stuff?

I think my coach sits around all day trying to come up with original (torturous) workouts. Take last night's swim, for instance...

All of the following without a break:

15 meter sprint
35 meter recovery
25 meter sprint
25 meter recovery
35 meter sprint
15 meter recovery
50 meter sprint
50 meter recovery

Yeah, I know, it's only 250 meters, but sprinting 35 meters, recovering only 15 and then sprinting 50 meters is hard! Yeah, yeah, I know -- "train hard, race easy" (or something like that), but still, couldn't we have done 250 meters of butterfly or something instead? Oh, that's right, I forgot -- we did 250 meters of butterfly on Thursday... (actually, it was 200 butterfly and 200 IM, but that works out to 250 fly).

Anyway, we did the above set twice and to be completely honest, it wasn't quite as hard as it sounded like it would be. In fact, I kind of enjoyed it --but please don't tell my coach that!

1 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

Its all about power!

22/5/06 22:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory