Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Monday, May 08, 2006

The things I suck at

I know I should be concentrating on the things that I'm good at and that's what I plan to do -- as soon as I get this silly list out of the way. So here's the list of the things I suck at. I'm writing them down and then throwing the list out (ok, I'm typing them here and then ignoring this post):

  • I suck at running in water. This is bad at the start of a race when we have to run into the water from the beach. I don't know if I look silly, but I sure feel silly. It's not so great when I have to get out of the water, either.
  • I suck at getting on my bike. Either I forget to leave it in low gear or my feet slip off the pedals or I can't seem to get my balance. Whatever it is, I almost never have a good mount during a race.
  • I suck at turn-arounds on the bike. I once rode into the bushes when trying to turn my bike around in a parking lot (I'd just started riding a bike after a break of several decades) and although my bike-handling skills have improved, I'm still afraid to turn around.
  • I suck at drinking on the bike. I'm afraid to ride with one hand and I'm really bad at getting the bottle back into the cage.
  • I suck at getting off my bike (ok, I'm sure you saw that coming). I have to stop the bike first -- no swinging my leg over it while it's moving (I can do that in my running shoes, but I'm afraid to do it in my cycling shoes). I've even managed to fall while getting off my bike (I didn't pick up my leg high enough, I think).
  • I suck at changing my shoes. I can never seem to get my running shoes on fast enough.
  • My running form sucks.
Ok, there -- I got it all down, I think. That's my list. The next list will be the things I'm good at...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory