Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

To the person who asked about rentals...

Sorry I haven't replied until now -- as you can see, I haven't posted to my blog in a while.

I'm pretty sure you can rent a bike, but I honestly don't know where. I suggest, however, that you contact the race organizers or the Israel Triathlon Association -- I'm sure they can give you an answer.

As for wetsuits, I don't know if they can be rented in Israel. You don't see them often here, as the water is rarely cold enough for them to be allowed. If you are doing the half Ironman distance, you'll find, however, that just about everyone is wearing one. If you're doing the Olympic or sprint distance, chances are they won't even be allowed (only if the water temperature is under 22 degrees Celcius, which it usually isn't in the Sea of Galilee in May). In any case, you can get a better answer from the ITA than from me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, I have a couple of leads now on bike rental, and i guess there is no need for a wetsuit. Now just looking forward to the trip and the race and nicer weather. We got more snow today here, , , grrrr
Y.

5/4/07 15:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory