Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Goodbye, Terence

Terence was this really funny Malaysian guy that I knew online through the Penguin Runners and Penguin Athletes mailing lists. He was originally a runner and was later inspired to try triathlon. Terence was always joking and always had a positive attitude, even after being diagnosed with two brain tumors in early 2006. After his first surgery, his doctor ordered him not to run in the marathon he had been planning to do. So, being the good patient he was, he listened to his doctor's orders and did the half marathon, instead. That was Terence.


Today, I received the news that Terence is no longer with us. I never met Terence in person, but this picture (grabbed off of his own site) is exactly how I like to think of him and how he will remain in my memory.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory