Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Here we go again :-(

Yesterday I missed my swim workout because I got home too late.  Ok, no big deal -- I figured maybe if I was up early enough, I'd do it today and if not, it's just one swim workout.  I woke up this morning with a stomach ache, so swimming was out.  I thought I would feel better by evening.  Well, it's 6:30 in the evening and I still don't feel well.  It looks like I won't be running tonight.  Nothing tomorrow, either -- I'll be working until very late.

This is how it always starts -- work or illness or injury sidelines me and then the downward spiral begins.  I guess I could view this as a three-day break which I may have really needed, judging from my last two workouts.  How else can I keep life from sending me into a slump?

Labels: , ,


Blogger emfish said...


I am a Canadian moving to Tel Aviv for about 4 years starting Aug 2013. I know you haven't posted for a while but I thought I would try you this way regardless.

Do you know where to find info on signing up for triathlons in and around Tel Aviv online? I have found very little information on Sprint and Olympic distance triathlons (all I have found was Israman info).

Please let me know if you can :)


3/7/13 02:44  
Blogger bari said...

You can see all of the upcoming races on the events page of the Israel Triathlon Association at When registration opens, there are links to register, as well. However, the page and the registration site are in Hebrew.

3/7/13 09:49  
Blogger emfish said...

Thanks very much for replying! I look forward to becoming fluent in hebrew so I can begin to race! ;)

3/7/13 10:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory