Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Here we go again :-(

Yesterday I missed my swim workout because I got home too late.  Ok, no big deal -- I figured maybe if I was up early enough, I'd do it today and if not, it's just one swim workout.  I woke up this morning with a stomach ache, so swimming was out.  I thought I would feel better by evening.  Well, it's 6:30 in the evening and I still don't feel well.  It looks like I won't be running tonight.  Nothing tomorrow, either -- I'll be working until very late.

This is how it always starts -- work or illness or injury sidelines me and then the downward spiral begins.  I guess I could view this as a three-day break which I may have really needed, judging from my last two workouts.  How else can I keep life from sending me into a slump?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger emfish said...

Shalom,

I am a Canadian moving to Tel Aviv for about 4 years starting Aug 2013. I know you haven't posted for a while but I thought I would try you this way regardless.

Do you know where to find info on signing up for triathlons in and around Tel Aviv online? I have found very little information on Sprint and Olympic distance triathlons (all I have found was Israman info).

Please let me know if you can :)

Todah

3/7/13 02:44  
Blogger bari said...

You can see all of the upcoming races on the events page of the Israel Triathlon Association at http://www.triathlon.org.il/Events.aspx. When registration opens, there are links to register, as well. However, the page and the registration site are in Hebrew.

3/7/13 09:49  
Blogger emfish said...

Thanks very much for replying! I look forward to becoming fluent in hebrew so I can begin to race! ;)

3/7/13 10:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory