Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Longest ride to date

Two and a half months after buying it, I finally took my "new" bike on a long ride outside of town. I was worried that without the triple, I'd never make it up the hills. I had nothing to worry about -- the new bike is actually easier to ride than the old one.

It was supposed to be a team ride, but somewhere along the way, Ronit and I lost the team. There were two guys and a girl behind us, but we had no idea where, so in the end, the two of us did the last 40 km of the ride alone. It was great! The weather was beautiful and the desert is blooming. In our area, there are actually carpets of red flowers called anemones (I had to look up the translation for that -- the Hebrew name, "kalanit", is much nicer). They look like the red flower to the right.

My longest ride before this had been 89 km back in October. Today's ride was supposed to be 100. We decided, though, to add a short section and we ended up riding just over 105 km. At around 75 km, I started to feel tired, but some time after that I got my "second wind" and I finished strong and thrilled to have completed my longest ride ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory