Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Another Saturday, another ride

I hadn't been on my bike in a week because of Passover and family stuff, so I was happy to get out for this morning's ride. The weather was horrible -- hot at first and then windy and dusty as it started to cool off. Ugh. I didn't like the ride all that much, either. We did some speed work and it was pretty boring (back and forth several times on the same road). But I did it and then I managed to shuffle through 3 km in running shoes. I can't say I particularly enjoyed the run -- every muscle below the knee was screaming "STOP!" -- but I finished it and then I went home and passed out on the couch for an hour or two.

So it wasn't the most exciting or most enjoyable workout ever, but after three days of doing nothing but eating (and that one run), my body thanked me for making it work a bit.

I need to make a decision about next week's race, so I've tentatively decided yes. I can still change my mind, I think. Mich asked what the race organizers are saying about non-wetsuit wearers. They're not really saying much of anything. I think most people will probably show up without wetsuits because most people here, at least age-group competitors who race sprints (this one is only a sprint) don't have them. This is Israel -- how cold can the water be? I hope I don't live to regret those words...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory