Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Getting in the kilometers

Nancy commented:
34 km total last month running, and 32 km in 10 days this month already? This sounds like a pretty darned fast ramp-up and perhaps a recipe for injury! Be careful out there!
Actually, my March totals were way down. That was the lowest monthly total I'd had since June 2005, when I was injured and had to cut back (not including December when we were on a two-week training break). I don't think I've "ramped up" but rather that I had "ramped down". Also, I don't normally run more than five kilometers on Saturdays and lately, it's been less -- just two km or so after my long ride. Because I had a race this past Saturday, I ran nine (seven and a half in the race and one and a half warm up). That's a big chunk of my monthly mileage right there. My weekly training mileage is pretty much where it normally is during the season and no higher than it was in January (February was a weird month because I was sick for a couple of weeks -- my main mileage was in two 10ks, but the training runs that I did do were actually longer than the ones I've been doing).

But I'll be careful :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory