Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Am I sane?

I must be out of my mind, because no normal person would spend their Saturday the way I'm going to spend mine.

6:00 a.m.: Meet at the pool to set up for the practice race
6:45 a.m.: Practice race start - swim 750 meters in the pool, ride 20 km around town while the neighbors are all still fast asleep (at least they won't be out gawking), run 5 km around town (and hope the neighbors are still asleep)
8:00 a.m.: "Healthy breakfast" at the pool. I guess I don't get to eat -- I can't finish a sprint in an hour and fifteen minutes ;-)
10:00-12:00 noon: Mountain biking (in what is supposed to be a heatwave)
2:00 p.m.: Healthy lunch with the team
6:00 p.m.: Run and exercises
8:30 p.m.: Healthy dinner with the team

In between all those healthy meals and workouts in the heat, I might actually get to see my family, put up a load of laundry, whatever.

And for those non-Israelis who are thinking, "Oh, no big deal -- you can rest on Sunday," I should mention that Sunday is a work day in Israel.

I'm actually looking forward to this crazy day. Off to get my bikes and bag ready and to get to bed early enough to be able to survive the day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me!! I'll bet you just loved the whole thing!!

30/4/06 15:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory