Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

April totals

Swim: 23,050 meters - Slightly higher than last month and actually my second highest monthly total in the last year. Too bad I'm not swimming faster! I should mention, though, that I felt really good in the pool tonight.

Bike: 198.75 km road bike + 12 km mountain bike - This is less than half of what I did in March and not a great total, but I have an acceptable "excuse". Our team bike workouts are on Wednesdays and Saturdays (Wednesday is actually a bike/run). One Wednesday was cancelled because of rain and I didn't have the team trainer that's usually at my house (I did run that night). Two more Wednesdays were cancelled because of Passover (one was the seder night and the other was the second "holy day" of Passover). There were five Saturdays in April, but two of them were races (meaning shorter rides -- 20 km each) and one was a practice race. That left two long rides and I did both, but one of those was a 40 km time trial, so it was a bit shorter than our normal long rides. In short, April was not a bike-friendly month for our team, but it could have been worse. It was a lot more than I rode in December, January and February.

Run: 75.8 km - An all time high for me, beating my previous all-time high (January of this year) by a mere 500 meters :-)

I'm glad my running mileage is back up, but I'm a bit concerned about the bike thing. May won't be much better, as I'm racing on two of the four Saturdays (and one of these races is an important one, so we'll probably be tapering next week -- the week before the race). We're also missing another Wednesday workout because of Independence Day (this Wednesday).

It seems that whenever I up the volume in one sport, another one suffers *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory