Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A swim with Michaela

I've mentioned Michaela several times. She's a woman in my age group who has this nasty habit of passing me just before the end of the run (though I seem to have broken her of that habit). You can see her in the picture with me from Netanya. Anyway, Michaela lives up north where ketyusha rockets are falling, so she and her family have taken refuge at the home of friends on a kibbutz very near here. She called me the other day to tell me that she was here and this morning we met for a swim. Since we didn't expect to see one another until our next race in September, it was very nice, despite the circumstances.

When we finished swimming, she told me that she'd be happy to do a long run with me one morning. I replied that that might not be a really good idea, as there's no way she'd be able to run at my pace. She said she does her long runs very slowly. Hmm... I can see it now -- me panting away, trying to keep up with Michaela on her "slow" run. I do hope to see her again this week, but I don't know if it will be for a run!

I swam again tonight for a total of 3400 meters today (this morning's swim was short, as I had to teach at 9:00). And good news -- after all that swimming, my shoulder felt fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory