Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Stress and hills -a bad combination

Although I'm not directly affected by it, the situation over here is really starting to get under my skin. My youngest son is showing signs of stress and he's driving all of us nuts. He's not quite sure where "north" is and he keeps asking if the ketyusha rockets can reach us.

And there was a problem with the electricity all over the country today, causing blackouts on and off for hours. I had to drive up to the Tel Aviv area and half the traffic lights were out. And the policemen, rather than directing traffic, were standing at the intersections looking completely lost. That was helpful.

And as of tomorrow, I'm grading matriculation exams again.

And my family is supposed to be coming to visit on August 12th, but I don't know if they'll actually be arriving or not, due to the current situation. They're coming for my middle son's bar mitzva, which will take place with or without them.

So I'm a bit stressed. I got to my workout tonight, heard "hills" and freaked out. I just didn't even want to get on the bike. Actually, I had a hard time getting on the bike before I ever got to the workout. Just after I walked out the door, my chain somehow slipped off, before I ever got on the bike. I got quite dirty getting it back on and I was late for the workout. Just before I got there, I realized that I'd rode all the way down without a helmet -- something I never do. Fortunately, the team manager was at the workout site with his car, so he quickly drove me home to get my helmet. Anyway, then we started the workout and I just wanted to go home. The coach made us go up the damn hill in the big chain ring. I told him that it would be too hard for me, so he told me to use the small chain ring. So, of course, I used the big one (and it wasn't too hard -- I think I was just looking for excuses not to work out).

The workout wasn't really too bad. But my mood didn't get any better. I'm off to shower and bed so that I can swim early tomorrow morning with Michaela and then drive back up to the Tel Aviv area again (hopefully there will be traffic lights tomorrow).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory