Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

And here are the pictures...

I'm too lazy to try and fit these into my race report, so I'm just posting them separately. Thanks to Ofer Bayda and Shvoong for the pictures, none of which are worth buying this time (certainly not the photographer's fault!).

Here I am on the first run, looking ok except for the crooked hat (I had accidentally knocked it off while trying to pour water over my head and I had to put it back on while running. It's a good thing I don't run while trying to get dressed in the morning!):


And here I am at the end of the first round, looking down at my watch and feeling very disgusted after my bike troubles:


Round two has just started here. Notice how far back I am right at the start -- there are about 45 people in front of us and maybe 2 behind us. If I don't look all that enthusiastic it's because... well... I wasn't!


Here I am finishing up the bike segment in round 3. I'm smiling here for two reasons: First of all, I had finally managed to shift onto the big chainring and I'd even passed a few people. Second, the race was almost over.



And I don't have a whole lot to say about this one -- this is seconds before I crossed the finish line and I am very happy to be done. I have no idea what kind of weird thing was going on with my hands, but I think that despite the smile, the look on my face here illustrates the way I was really feeling.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Vezina said...

Bari, you do look a bit distracted, nevertheless you stayed the course and because of that you did well. Congratulations on your perseverance and good luck on your next race.

25/8/07 23:42  
Blogger bari said...

Hehe, and I didn't even post the picture in which I'm looking off to the side while everyone else is riding forwards. At this point, I think I was still trying to decide what exactly I was doing and why I was trying to ride fast with no high gears.

26/8/07 00:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory