Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm not going to complain

I just want to say that it's good that I'm not training for anything in particular, because now I don't have to be disappointed about my plans going down the drain. Yeah, there is that pesky Olympic distance tri that I want to do (it doesn't matter which one -- any Oly distance will do) and that will get done eventually -- when everything stops hurting. Not that I'm complaining or anything. At least I got some sleep last night -- I took a pill before going to bed and that seemed to do a nice job getting rid of my back pain.

In any case, if I had to pick a time of year to be injured and/or just in general pain, this would be the time. It's way too hot outside to do anything (it's supposed to be 41°C today -- that's 106°F). There aren't too many races in the summer -- just the Lehavim Triple Super Sprint on August 24th and if I can't race then I'll volunteer, since it's right here in town. We've got a training break coming up anyway, so I don't have to train (thanks, coach Yigal). I'm buried in matriculation exams again, so I really don't have time to train (or eat or sleep or even breathe for that matter). The pool is gross in the summer because of all the little kids who use it all day long.

So you see? Nothing to complain about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory