Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Monday, August 27, 2007

"Savlanut"

That's the Hebrew word for "patience" and I guess that's what it takes to get all kinds of problems worked out.  My shin splints are gone, or just about (or I can run without pain, anyway) and my back finally seems to be a lot better.  I had to wait all summer for this, but my patience paid off because my injuries are almost gone.  Last night I swam 1000 meters without a break.  I hadn't been able to do that in almost a month -- my back would start aching so much that I'd have to stop in the middle.  Then, after the 1000 meters, I swam the best 200 meter time I've done in a very long time -- 3:57 (no, you won't be seeing me in Beijing).  I was drafting and I know I'm not up to doing that time alone yet, but as the wise man that I was drafting off of pointed out, I still had to keep up with him (and I did, even when he tried to pull away). 

Tomorrow I hope to take my bike to the bike mechanic to find out what's wrong with it, as I haven't been able to fix it.  That will work itself out, too, I'm sure.  Savlanut...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory