Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

June totals

My totals for June are pretty pathetic, I'm afraid. Mostly, it's because of my knees. However, life got in the way a bit this month, too. July is going to be better. Here goes...

swim: 18,500 meters
bike: 118 km
run: 27.5 km (yikes!)

What's particularly sad is that 10.5 km out of 27.5 was run in races! However, I also managed to set a new PR for 5k this month.

Those statistics include two races. Oh, and I also got a new piece of hardware :-)

The good news is that my knees are feeling much better. I am going to ride on Saturday (the plans have been changed slightly, so I can ride anywhere from 25 km to 100 km).

My plans for July are to participate in one triathlon (the Ashkelon Triathlon, which is taking place together with the Maccabian Games) and to try to run a little bit more than 27.5 km. Ok, maybe even a lot more... We'll also be saying goodbye to our coach in July (at the end of the month). That will certainly be the low point of the month :-(

2 Comments:

Blogger Comm's said...

I may have missed this but what happens to your coach?

30/6/05 23:41  
Blogger bari said...

My coach is moving. It's kind of a long story, but the short version is that the "Matnas" (which is where he gets his coaching salary from) pissed him off and his wife works about an hour or so away and she wanted to move closer to where she works. Bottom line is he sold his house and he's leaving :-(

1/7/05 00:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory