Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

May totals

May wasn't too bad for me, training-wise. In fact, despite the fact that I did two races in May (meaning extra days off from training), my May totals were much higher than April.

swim: 20,950 meters
bike: 147.5 km (this was with only one long ride -- I had a race or practice race every weekend in May apart from one and my races and practice races are all sprints)
run: 52.95 km

Ok, so it doesn't look great, but have a look at this:

Swim:
March: 22,150 meters
April: 12,840 meters
May: 20,950 meters

Bike:
March: 113.25 km
April: 117.16 km
May: 147.5 km

Run:
March: 48.2 km
April: 40.07 km
May: 52.95 km

My swim total was a little bit higher in March, but I swim more than I need to anyway, so that doesn't matter. What I really need to work on are the bike and run, so I'm glad that my mileage is increasing, even if it is happening pretty slowly!

I also competed in the Lehavim Triple Super Sprint (1st place in my AG -- I didn't have much competition...) and the Jordan Valley Triathlon (sprint distance -- 5th place in my AG). I also achieved two of my 2005 goals -- to compete in the Lehavim triple and to compete in at least one sprint length triathlon. Oh, and I achieved a 4-year goal -- to reach the age of 40 in the best shape of my life.

I'm not one for setting monthly distance goals, so I don't really have anything in mind for June. Just to keep training and maybe to stop complaining about it so much ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Well done, Bari! Way to go on your training! Now, how exactly are we going to measure amount of complaining to see if you've gone up or down? ;)

2/6/05 04:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory