Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Hard training week

The hardest training week I can remember has come to an end! Finally! It went something like this:

Sunday: A rather long (distance-wise) swim workout which included 100 meter "sprints" and also some nasty hypoxic swimming.

Monday: Not a hard run, just a long one. One hour of continuous running, which is quite a bit for me. I think I actually did 55 minutes. This, of course, was after I'd run a kilometer on the treadmill and lifted weights at the gym. So it was a total of 9.2 km for the day. That's a third of what I ran in the entire month of June!

Tuesday: Short, but killer swim workout. Too many 25 meter sprints followed by 50 meter sprints. And butterfly. We were all exhausted by the end of the workout!

Wednesday: "Brick" workout. Bike, run, bike, run, bike, run... For an hour. I did a total of 25.5 km on the bike (including the ride to the workout and the ride back) and about 3 km of running. There was one hill that we were supposed to sprint up. That was just the icing on the cake, as the workout was tough without the sprint!

Thursday: Rest day!!!

Friday: This was a do-whatever-you-want day. I ran 2 km on the treadmill and then lifted weights and then swam 600 meters. It was the only easy training day of the week for me.

Saturday: 60 km ride to Ashkelon followed by a ride over the route for Friday's race (you can see the map
here). That made a total of 80 km, my longest ride ever. After the ride, we did a short run (it was supposed to be 4 km -- I did about 2 km). Then we ate watermelon and took a quick swim in the Mediterranean Sea (along with the jellyfish! Yikes!). Fortunately, we didn't have to ride home (nor do I think we could have -- it was very hot already).

So that was it. Our hard training week in preparation for our last race with our coach. This will be a taper week. My body is very happy about that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory