Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

That's better

My swimming slump may be coming to an end. I did a timed 200 meter swim today at 90% effort. It wasn't all out, yet I still think it was a personal best for 200 meters -- 4:01. Ok, so I still can't qualify for the Olympics, but at least my times are going down rather than up.

At the end of the workout, we did an all out 50 meter swim with fins and paddles. I have like no upper body strength, so paddles seem to make me slower, rather than faster. My time was actually slower than my personal best for 50 meters with no "accessories". It sure wasn't the fins -- I think I have the best kick on the team and if I swam 50 meters with fins and no paddles, I suspect my time would be a lot faster. Just imagine how much faster I'll swim if I start building up those muscles in my upper body!

And who on earth is the "old friend from the US" who left me a comment? Any old friend from the US would be too busy recovering from the shock of discovering that I've become an athlete in my old age to be able to leave me a comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory