Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Enough to make you want to turn around and go home

I had a great race today. This is not my race report (that will follow some time tomorrow, probably). If I'd followed my instincts, though, I wouldn't have raced at all.

The words that no mediocre swimmer (and especially not a relatively small woman surrounded by big men on the beach) wants to hear just before a race: "Today's sprint start, with almost 400 participants, is the largest start ever in Israeli triathlon history. It should be some sight, though it might not be too pleasant for the participants."

I wonder what the chances are of someone actually seeing you drown with 400 people in the water...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Slim to none, I guess. I never thought about that before.

18/6/06 00:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad it ended up going ok! I often wondered about that as well...

18/6/06 04:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory