Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

May totals

I'm busy checking matriculation exams, which is why I haven't been posting, but I did want to post my totals for May.

swim: 20,750 meters - less than March and April, but not too bad. Enough to make my shoulder start hurting again :-(

bike: road bike - 141 km, mountain bike - 12 km - very low. However, here I have an excuse. I did two races and a training race on three of the Saturdays in May and we went mountain biking on one other. Saturday is normally our long ride day, but we only did one long ride all month and even that one wasn't particularly long (we did a time trial). Between the really bad drivers and the less-than-friendly population around here (especially if you're a woman), I don't feel comfortable going for long rides on my own, so I'm limited to what the team does unless I want to ride in endless circles around town. And in spite of the low mileage, I broke my 20 km PR twice in May. Go figure.

run: 51.1 km - quite a bit less than April and about 10 km short of where I want to be, but better than other months

I did well in both of my races in May, lowering my times for the same races last year. The training race didn't go well, but the lesson that I learned from it was one of the things that enabled me to do well in the "real thing".

My plans for June are to do the Lehavim Triple Super Sprint Triathlon next Saturday and the Tel Aviv Triathlon the following Saturday. I also plan to do the Netanya Triathlon at the end of the month (there go all my long rides!). That will end this part of the racing season -- there's a two-month break before we start racing again in early September.

Although I'll be racing, I'm going to try to take it easy with training this month, as for the next three weeks I'll be under a lot of stress, marking 432 exams a week. The stress of marking matriculation exams always plays havoc on my body, so I'm hoping to be smarter this time and give my body a bit of a break in training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory