Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Back from vacation

We spent four days in Eilat where it was very hot (like over 100*F all the time hot). Despite the heat, it was a nice trip, but I'm glad to be home.

I didn't get much training in during our vacation. I did go swimming in the Red Sea, only about 750 meters or so each time (my shoulder is bothering me again) and I ran 5 km on the treadmill at the gym of the hotel adjacent to ours. Oh, and I spent 10 minutes (about 5 km) on the stationary bike on the gym. We walked a lot, but I guess that doesn't count. So today was my first workout in over a week. We did a 40 km ride, which started out easy, but got progressively harder for me. This might have something to do with the fact that I accidentally rode up a long hill in my big chain ring. Anyway, the ride was followed by a 5 km shuffle/walk (which was supposed to be a run). My legs felt like lead.

I'm writing this off as a bad training day and I don't intend to give it much more thought. Gotta' take the bad with the good, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory