Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

June totals

swim: 16,600 meters. This is my lowest total of the year and I'm not even sure why. I think I missed one or two swim workouts because of other commitments -- I can't remember. In any case, since my shoulder still isn't 100%, I don't think cutting back on my swimming a bit is such a terrible idea.

bike: 204.3 km. Better than April and May (and considering the fact that three long rides in June were cancelled because of races, not bad at all), but not quite where I want to be. I'm going in the right direction, though.

run: 60 km. This is my minimum monthly goal and I'm glad I reached it, unlike in May. Ideally, I'd like to do more running mileage, especially since I want to try an Oly distance tri in September. I'm not sure how this will fit in with the summer heat, though.

Overall, a pretty good month for me. I completed three races in June,as well, and bettered last year's times for all of them. And I somehow managed to do this while being really bogged down with matriculation exams, marking 432 a week (each with a composition --ugh!).

July will be a low mileage month for me. I'm going on vacation for five days this week and I don't know how much I'll be working out. Next week is a recovery week and at the end of the month, the team is going to training camp in Hungary (and I'm staying home -- I couldn't justify spending $950 and leaving my family for nine days). The slight break from training will be nice, as I expect to be training hard from August through October -- we have a couple of big races in September and the national championships at the end of October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory