Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Another Saturday ride

Another great ride today. We did a few hills (well, my training partner did one more than I did -- I had no idea he'd turned to ride up my least favorite hill of all time and once I realized where he was, I was already at the top of the next hill, so I waited for him there). I'm actually starting to like hills. Maybe there's something wrong with me... Anyway, there was this one hill that I was afraid to do, as the only time I'd ever tried riding up it before, I'd ended up getting off my bike and walking. That was in the winter in a lot of wind. It turned out that this isn't a very big hill and I didn't even realize it was the same one until I reached the end of the road and there were no more hills. Piece of cake. I can now take that tiny little thing off my list of things that need to be conquered.

Here's the map of today's route:


And here are the elevation graphs:



It's always nice to do your warmup on one of the longer hills of the day... Well, maybe not, but notice that the first five kilometers are almost entirely uphill. However, the second half of the ride was mainly downhill, which is definitely the smarter way to do things in the summer when it gets hotter and hotter during the ride.

These graphs are very helpful. I've just noticed, for example, that my cadence counter stopped working at 40 km (well, either that or I didn't pedal at all for the next 25 km). Hmm...


My heart, fortunately, did not stop beating during the ride (and my heart rate monitor didn't stop working). The dip in heart rate is because I spent 10 minutes or more waiting for my training partner at the top of that hill and then we did a nice long downhill section (the Garmin was autopaused while I was waiting, but when I got back on my bike, all I did was sit there until the bottom of the hill):


Oh, and the Garmin says I burned 1,882 calories. Time for a nice, big breakfast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory