Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Another Saturday, another ride

Yes, I know that Saturday was yesterday. I did an 80 km ride with the team. Here's the map (and yes, I know that they all kind of look the same, but I still think it's cool) -- note that the strange part at the end is where I rode all around town to finish up 80 km.



This was mainly downhill going out, but uphill on the second half, as you can see by the elevation graph:

And as you can see by the grade graph, those hills might be annoying, but this sure isn't the Tour de France:


Interestingly, everything after the 70 km mark was inside of town -- notice that that's where the biggest hill was! I knew there was a reason why the coach has us run and ride up that hill about a million times a season!

Now just one more picture. I know that you can't really see much in the maps of my routes, or at least they don't really give any indication of where I am. So here's a map of the whole area -- you can see all of Israel, plus Egypt (mainly the Sinai Desert), Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, the Mediterranean Sea and more. And there in the middle, marked in yellow (you may need to click on the map to see a bigger version), is the route we rode yesterday:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory