Tri-ing in the Holy Land

The ramblings of a struggling triathlete in Israel

My Photo
Name:
Location: Israel

I'm the mother of 3, a teacher and a couch potato turned triathlete.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Running and shin splints

I don't think I've posted about my shin splints (maybe just in passing). Even I'm tired of hearing about my injuries! Anyway, I haven't been doing much running for the last month or so. It started with pain in both shins. I took almost two weeks off from running, waiting until I was pain-free and then went out and did an easy 5 km, which led to pain in my left shin. I took off another week or so and tried again. This time, I only ran 1.5 km and stopped because my shin hurt. *sigh* Last night, I managed to run 6 km with almost no pain (just a few twinges in my left shin during the first kilometer. But today, my left shin hurts. Ugh.

Anyway, despite the pain in my shin today, I do think I'm healing, as it's nowhere near as bad as it was. The 6 km was slow (on purpose) -- I ran an average of just over 6:30 minutes per km. I have to admit that I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever be able to run "fast" (it's all relative!) again. Right now, I'd settle for a run with no pain (during or after). Of course, if all I can do is walk from now on, then that Olympic tri that I have planned for someday will be a piece of cake -- I can walk 10 km!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Triathlon Blog Directory